For the past few weeks I have enjoyed participating in the weekly #careerchat on Twitter. Each Tuesday @MyPath_MP & @bizMebizgal host the chat by using the hashtag to connect those interested in discussing topics related to to topics on either landing a job, tips on business activities or a chance for people to connect and network with other professionals.
To participate in the chats you can either include the hashtag #careerchat within each tweet, or simply visit www.TweetChat.com to participate in various Twitter chats. For a full list of ongoing chats, I suggest visiting this Twitter Chat LIST. Many of these chats would be beneficial for companies and individual to grow their online communities.
Today’s #careerchat was around a topic I am very passionate about, personal branding. Determining the voice of your personal brand is an important first step in creating your social media channels. It has been a hot topic and one that has the most questions from those that are first getting started in finding their career.
For both my husband @BrianGainor and I, networking with young professionals and helping guide them within their career path is very important. I find the weekly #careerchat is an excellent opportunity for those of you looking to get more knowledge on how to further your career or gain helpful business tips.
- Personal branding is an important step in determining what voice you will have within social media.
- RT @Jelfster: Treating yourself as a company and elevating and promoting that company accordingly.
- @MyPath_MP social media gives you a loud voice to represent yourself. Videos show your true self.
- Be genuine and stay true to yourself.
- RT @MyPath_MP: I think if you’re good at something, it comes through w/o you having to say “Look at me!!” Show it, don’t say it.
- Your Personal Brand must be focused on letting people know why you are successful at what you do.
- RT @WomensAlly: It is important to know how to communicate your personal & social brand attributes.
- RT @bizMebizgal: Q1: Personal branding is the way that you perceive yourself outside of work & how other people perceive you.
Join #CareerChat next Tuesday (August 31st) at 12pm CST to discuss topics on MBA’s and certifications.